WHO defines “Vector-Borne Diseases” as human illnesses caused by parasites, viruses, and bacteria that are transmitted by vectors. They cause more than 700,000 deaths annually, which account for more than 17% of all infectious diseases.
Virological tests and Serological tests can be used for the early diagnosis of vector-borne diseases, which detect viral RNA, parasite DNA, or human-derived immune components (antigen, antibody).
According to the Global Vector Control Response 2017-2030, "Transmission and risk of vector-borne diseases are rapidly changing due to unplanned urbanization, increased movement of people and goods, environmental changes and biological challenges, such as vectors resistant to insecticides and evolving strains of pathogens. Rapid, unplanned urbanization in tropical and sub-tropical areas renders large populations at risk of emergence and expansion of arboviral diseases spread by mosquitoes."
The need for the prevention and control of vector diseases is urgent than ever, we Bioperfectus are proud to launch diagnostic solutions for Malaria, Dengue, Zika, and Yellow fever, which are the main diseases among vector-borne diseases. These solutions based on the Immuno-chromatographic platform and Multiplex real-time PCR platform, satisfy detection demands in different infectious procedures.
Overlapping global distribution of 9 major vector-borne diseases (2016) by WHO
Reflects all locations where the population is at risk of at least one of the following: malaria, lymphatic filariasis, dengue, leishmaniasis, Japanese encephalitis, yellow fever, Chagas disease, human African trypanosomiasis, or onchocerciasis.
We Bioperfectus are proud to launch diagnostic solutions for Malaria, Dengue, Zika, and Yellow fever, which are the main diseases among vector-borne diseases. These solutions based on the Immuno-chromatographic platform and Multiplex real-time PCR platform, satisfy detection demands in different infectious procedures.
- In Malaria solution, we recognize the species of Parasite and give more information for Malaria clinical medication and treatment management.
- In Dengue solution, we detect Dengue antigen/antibody and virus types, recognize dengue virus, and offer information for disease development monitoring.
- In Zika solution, we detect Zika virus, and offer a combo kit for recognizing Zika, Dengue, Chikungunya virus in one tube.
- In Yellow fever solution, we detect Yellow Fever virus which has no cross-reactivity with other common pathogens.
Learn more about vector-borne diagnostic solutions, please send us an inquiry email today at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ryan S J, et al. Warming temperatures could expose more than 1.3 billion new people to Zika virus risk by 2050. 2020.
- WHO Global vector control response 2017-2030